View homes and properties for sale in Dunmore! Dunmore is part of the Dunmore School Area District.
Located near Scranton, PA, Dunmore was incorporated in 1862 after being settled in 1835. Anthracite coal, brick, silk, and more brought many people to the area in the early 1900s, growing the population rapidly over the years in Dunmore’s early beginnings.
Dunmore was part of one of the original area townships, Providence, which was established in the mid-1700s. Dunmore, named after Dunmore Park in Scotland, was built from the need for more stopping sports for people traveling through the area. Shoemaker William Allsworth first visited the area in 1783 and acted on this need by building a home, which became a frequent rest stop for travelers.
Provenance began to dissolve and break up into smaller towns and boroughs by 1870. Today, Dunmore’s thriving community is celebrating over 150 of existence. With outdoor activities rending from a day in Sherwood park to time spent swimming in Roaring Brook. Local businesses, including the Dunmore Candy Kitchen, are abundant.
Nearby Scranton offers plenty of dining options, coffee shops, Scranton University, and the recently revived Marketplace at Steamtown.
- Dunmore Area School District
- Variety of housing styles & price ranges
- Scranton & Wyoming Seminary Preparatory Schools
- Montessori & additional schools with religious affiliations
- Abundant Restaurants & Shopping
- Golf, Boating, Skiing & All Recreation
- 11 Area College & Universities
- Nay Aug Park
- Everhart Museum
- Broadway Theatre of NEPA
- Scranton Cultural Center
- Steamtown National Historic Site
- The Marketplace at Steamtown
- Electric City Trolley Museum
- Lackawanna Coal Mine Tour