View homes for sale in Exeter!
Located in Luzerne County, Exeter is borough ten miles west of Scranton and just north of Wilkes-Barre. The borough was incorporated in 1884 and grew to nearly 2,000 citizens by 1900. It was founded in the middle of an agricultural area and prospered through lumbering and coal-mining. Workers began to ship coal by using the Pennsylvania Canal, and expanded to other east coast cities and ports through the Lehigh Coal and Navigation Company.
Today, the thriving community has plenty of activities for residents. It’s central location in the Greater Pittston region between Wilkes-Barre and Scranton grants easy access to many recreational activities such as skiing, hiking, biking and more. There are also plenty of annual art and cultural events. The borough is a part of Wyoming Area School District.
Exeter is near the Wilkes-Barre Scranton International Airport and the Pennsylvania Turnpike. Route 11 runs through the town, and there is easy access to I-81, I-80, and I-380.
- Wyoming & Wilkes Barre Area School District
- Wyoming Seminary, MMI & Scranton Preparatory Schools
- Apple Tree Nursery & Susquehanna Prep
- 11 Area Colleges & Universities
- Abundant Restaurants & Shopping
- Octoberfest & Cherry Blossom Festivals
- Farmer’s Markets
- Walking & biking trails on local dikes
- Golf, Boating, Skiing & All Recreation
- Kirby Center for Performing Arts & Montage Mountain Resort & Amphitheatre
- Proximity to WB shopping, entertainment, arts, and restaurants
- Variety of housing styles & price ranges