See new property listings and browse homes for sale in Fairview Twp. Located within the Fairview School District, Fairview Twp. residents enjoy suburban living with the convenience of the city nearby.
Settled in 1797, Fairview Township is on the founding townships of Erie County. Businessman Colonel Thomas Forster declared the view over the mouth of Walnut Creek the “fairest view” he had seen, leading to the township’s name.
Prior to the Erie Extension Cannel opening in 1844, stagecoaches were primarily the means of transportation to the township. The opening of Interstate 90 in 1961 led to more traffic through the borough, increasing visitors and making it more accessible.
Filled with history, Fairview Township features the Sturgeon House, which was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980.