Lake Ariel, Pennsylvania
View homes and properties for sale in Lake Ariel, PA!
Located in northeastern Pennsylvania, Lake Ariel is part of Wayne County and is a part of Western Wayne School District.
The area was first settled by the Jones family in 1822 and named Jonestown, or Jones Pond. It was the site of Lake Ariel Park, a popular amusement park in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Visitors enjoyed a waterslide, rollercoasters, carousels, and could pay for a plane ride while vacationing there. Lake Aerial has longstanding businesses that were established in the early 1900s and are still running today.
Currently, the town is thriving with most of the community’s businesses are in Lake Ariel. The town sits in the Pocono Mountains where recreational activities are plenty such as the Lacawac Sanctuary and Biological Field Station and Claws ‘N’ Paws Wild Animal Park.
The area is also within driving distance of Dickson City where there are several shopping options and restaurants. Major interstates are easily accessesible from Lake Ariel. The town is two and a half hours from New York City, and just under three hours from Philadelphia.
- North Pocono School District
- Scranton Preparatory School
- Covington Park for fishing & swimming
- Golf courses-Elmhurst Country Club, Scranton Municipal Golf Course
- Easy access to major interstates 80, 81 & 84
- Horseback riding
- Goldsboro State Park-hiking, biking, fishing, swimming
- Fireman’s Summer Picnics
- Autumn Wine Festival
- National Night Out with live entertainment
- Minisink Lions Annual Fireworks Display
- Montage Mountain Resort & Amphitheatre
- Variety of restaurants
- 11 Area Colleges & Universities
- Variety of housing styles and price ranges