Laurel Run, Pennsylvania
View homes for sale in Laurel Run, PA!
Located in Luzerne County, Laurel Run is a borough that was incorporated in 1881. After the Red Ash mine fire in 1915, the area was rebuilt to hold two grocery stores, a church, a school, and a lumberyard through the Appalachian Regional Commission.
The period of rebuilding and growth laid the foundation allowing Laurel Run to become what it is today. Laurel Run sponsors several recreational activities each year, including holiday parties for its residents.
The town is a short drive from Wilkes-Barre where locals can visit the F.M. Kirby Center for a show, or shop at the Wyoming Valley Mall. Outdoor activities are plenty at Seven Tubs Nature Area, Bear Creek Preserve, and more.
Wilkes-Barre Area School District serves Laurel Run, as well as several colleges and universities conveniently located nearby.
- Crestwood, Hanover, Wilkes-Barre & Pocono Mountain School District
- Wyoming Seminary, MMI & Scranton Preparatory Schools
- Apple Tree Nursery & Susquehanna Prep
- Montessori & additional schools with religious affiliations
- Abundant Restaurants & Shopping
- Golf, Boating, Skiing, Hiking, Fishing, Camping & All Recreation
- Foothills of the Pocono Mountains Beautiful offering scenic areas for nature lovers includes
- Francis Walter Dam trails, The Tubs nature area Hickory Run and Boulder field
- Outdoor sports complex for soccer and baseball
- The Bear Creek Inn
- Proximity to WB shopping, entertainment, arts, Restaurants & recreational
- Driving distance to New York and Philadelphia
- 11 Area Colleges & Universities
- A variety housing styles & price ranges