View property listings and homes for sale in Plains Township! Located on the outskirts of Wilkes-Barre is Plains, a township in Luzerne County. It is a part of the Wyoming Valley West School District.
Plains Township, “the keystone of the Wyoming Valley,” was formed on November 10, 1851. On December 7, 1899 it became a First-Class Township. In 2006, the township became the location of Pennsylvania’s first casino, Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs. Mohegan Sun Pocono features over 2,300 slots, and live tables for blackjack, roulette and poker. The property also features a 5/8-mile harness track.
Besides the casino, the area also features numerous restaurants, The Woodlands Resort, SPCA of Luzerne County, and Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical center. A short drive to nearby Wilkes-Barre offers even more shopping and recreation, including the Mohegan Sun Arena, Seven Tubs Nature Area, and more.
- Many housing options in large price range
- Wyoming Valley West School District
- Wyoming Seminary, MMI & Scranton Preparatory Schools
- Montessori & additional schools with religious affiliation
- 11 Area College & Universities
- Shopping, Specialty & Salons
- Access to a variety of Recreation
- Mohegan Sun Casino & Restaurants
- Close proximity to the airport