South Abington, Pennsylvania
View properties and homes for sale in South Abington Township! Located in Lackawanna County and just 10 minutes away from Scranton, South Abington is within the Abington Heights School District.
South Abington was incorporated in 1867 when the larger Abington region was split into two areas: North Abington Township and South Abington Township. Nearby Clarks Summit and Clarks Green were eventually formed out of the southern Abington region. South Abington is the largest municipality in the Abingtons and is the third largest in Lackawanna County. The Township’s slogan is “Gateway to the Abingtons”.
South Abington is home to Griffin Pond Animal Shelter, Clarks Summit University, Pallman Farms, the Country Club of Scranton, and more. There is also additional shopping and recreation in nearby Dickson City.
- Abington Heights School District
- Scranton & Wyoming Seminary Preparatory Schools
- The Children’s Cornerstone Montessori School
- Many other schools with religious affiliations
- Abundant Restaurants & Shopping
- Golf, Boating, Skiing & All Recreation
- 11 Area College & Universities
- Lackawanna State Park
- Lahey family fun Park
- Ackerly Baseball Fields
- Manning Farm Dairy
- Dracula’s Horest/Haunted Hayride
- Variety of housing styles & price ranges