View properties and homes for sale in Sugarloaf, PA!
Sugarloaf Township is located in Luzerne County and is a part of Hazelton Area School District.
The rich agricultural town was formed in 1809 and the first settler was George Easterday. Its name comes from Sugarloaf Mountain, located on the northern border of the town and next to Nescopeck creek. Sugarloaf’s unincorporated communities include Black Ridge, Council Crest, Sybertsville, and Tomhicken.
Today, Sugarloaf is a thriving community of approximately 25 square miles in area. Penn State Hazelton is in the township near Black Ridge. There are also several community parks, including Whispering Willows Park. Family activities are plenty with Good Time Golf, and the town is in short driving distance from plenty of shopping and restaurants.
The town is near Nescopeck State Park and a short drive from the Pennsylvania Turnpike, I-80, and I-81. It’s also nearby to the Wilkes-Barre Scranton airport.
- Hazleton Area School District
- Valley Elementary School
- Hazleton Area STEM School (Science, technology, economics & math)
- Penn State University Hazleton Campus
- Emanuel Christian School
- Holy Family Academy
- Marian Catholic High School
- MMI Preparatory School
- Whispering Willows Park
- Little League Baseball Fields and Soccer Fields as well as Playground and tennis courts
- Conyngham Valley Civic Organization – public swimming pool & Shooting Stars Basketball League
- Valley Day Celebration each August
- Public Concerts in the Gazebo at the Municipal Building
- Valley Chiefs midget football
- Sugarloaf Golf Course