View homes and properties for sale in Thornhurst, PA! Thornhurst is part of the North Pocono School District.
Isaac Lewis settled in the area in 1842, but the township wasn’t officially created until 1878. Back then, it was called Lehigh Township after the Lehigh River. Thornhurst Township was created when Lackawanna County and Luzerne County divided Buck Township. Thornhurst is part of eastern Buck Township.
Thornhurst Township became the official name in 1996. Lumbering was the area’s strongest industry with tree bark sent to Gouldsboro tanneries. Today, the neighborhoods and villages of Bear Lake, Pine Grove Acres, Thornhurst, and Thornhurst Country Club Estates make up the Township.
- Golf, Boating, Skiing, Hiking, Fishing, Camping & All Recreation
- Foothills of the Pocono Mountains
- Francis Walter Dam trails
- The Tubs Nature Area
- Hickory Run State Park and Boulder field
- Outdoor sports complex for soccer and baseball
- The Bear Creek Inn
- 11 Area Colleges & Universities
- A variety housing styles & price ranges