West Wyoming, Pennsylvania
Browse properties and homes for sale in West Wyoming! Just under 7 miles north of Wilkes-Barre and about 8 miles away from Dallas, the Borough of West Wyoming is a charming place to live within easy driving distance to some of the Wyoming Valley’s best highlights. Located within the Greater Pittston metro area, it is one of six municipalities within the Wyoming Area School District.
Prior to West Wyoming Borough’s incorporation, the town was known by several names, including Carpentersville, Shoemaker’s Mills, and New Troy. Saw mills and grist mills played a large role in the area’s early industry, established along Abraham’s Creek. By the late 1840s, early frame homes lined West Eighth Street. Factory profits contributed to the production of homes in the area. By the late 1820s, a tannery, soap factory, and plaster mill were also added to the area’s industry.
Today, West Wyoming is close to several recreation areas, walking and biking paths, shopping, popular local restaurants, and childcare centers. Frances Slocum State Park in nearby Wyoming is a popular destination for year-round outdoor activities, including mountain biking, swimming, camping, ice fishing, and more. West Wyoming also has easy access to cities like Scranton and Wilkes-Barre and art and cultural events, sporting events, and additional recreational activities, such as skiing, hiking, boating, and more. The Wilkes-Barre Wyoming Valley Airport is five minutes away and the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International Airport is twenty minutes away.
- Wyoming & Wilkes Barre Area School District
- Wyoming Seminary, MMI & Scranton Preparatory Schools
- Apple Tree Nursery & Susquehanna Prep
- Montessori & additional schools with religious affiliations
- 11 Area Colleges & Universities
- Abundant Restaurants & Shopping
- Historic Dennison & Swetland house
- Specialty Craft Beer at Sabatini’s
- Octoberfest & Cherry Blossom Festivals
- Farmer’s Markets
- Walking & biking trails on local dikes
- Golf, Boating, Skiing & All Recreation
- Kirby Center for Performing Arts & Montage Mountain Resort & Amphitheatre
- Proximity to WB shopping, entertainment, arts, and restaurants
- Variety of housing styles & price ranges